Monday 30 July 2007

Acts of Heresy....

More evidence of active wallet opening and further to my huge pile of metal entry some more model shots and links for your delectation.

So following on from my post about the heap of metal I had acquired from Black Scorpion we move on to the stuff that has arrived from Heresy Miniatures

Before beginning though I had mentioned I hadn’t had my Hasslefree order, well it arrived this morning and very nice it turned out to be too. Apparently Hasslefree have had a bit of a slowdown due to a variety of circumstances (including producing a new mini in a larger than usual scale). I should have paid more attention to the Hasslefree website where this was announced. The order (more later) was well up to expectations and had sweets with it and a handwritten note! Talk about customer service. The company comes over as a very friendly and offering a personal service, not that common these days.

To be relevant to this entry, the same standard of customer service goes for Heresy, whose models always arrive with a note and very well packed. I must say, at the risk of repeating myself, that dealing with smaller mini companies is a bit of a revelation after time with GW. The smaller 28mm manufacturers behave more like their 54mm and 120mm ‘cottage industry’ sized counterparts..much more pleasant as a shopping experience. The last time I was in GW I realised I am old enough to be regarded as someone more likely to be buying a present than wanting a figure for myself..ugh. For some reason larger figures and 28mm wargaming figures seem to be marketed at adults (or at least at people who are fairly mature while refusing to grow up), its nice to find someone doing the same for the smaller scale fantasy scene.

But enough of this random blather what of the models?


I had previously bought some lovely tunnel guard command figures from Heresy. Nice sculpts, very clean and they have a real air of menace. I am not sure they will make the diorama as its not in a tunnel (typical me), but they would look great in a chaos army. This is a drummer figure, very nice casting and a great face on the figure. £4 for two figures. Very good stuff. There is also a standard bearer in the pack with a nice big standard (insert a double entendre of your choice here).


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had also previously bought a demon figure (The Fallen One, costing £5)and I might use him as he is a great sculpt, again well proportioned and a clean casting and lots of bits..when Heresy say ‘multi part’ they really mean it. I like this sculpt so much that I was toying with an alternative diorama idea, but I might be able to work him in somewhere.

I also got some procreate modelling putty off the site and its much nicer to work with than green stuff and seems to hold detail better (and the price was competitive too).

This time however I went for monsters who might fit my sea scape / ship in the harbour being attacked by all manner of things idea. A vampire in bat form was amongst them, nice clean cast, really great facial expression and a menacing pose.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also acquired..



  • Diego the rogue, a very ‘piratey’ feel to a figure lunging with a sword. £2.50
  • Some leaping lurkers £5.00
  • Captain Nathan (A sci fi figure, do not ask me what I was thinking, it was so..shiny and nice. £3.00
  • Filthy Scrote the jailer..because every home should have one (the jailer not the ..in fact never mind)£2.50
  • A great ‘sludge gulper’, apparently sculpted by the Hasslefree owner Kev White. I really loved this mini when I saw the picture, I might convert the bottom so it has a body that extends a bit further into the water. £7.50

I really like the feel of the sculpts, even though a couple have different sculptors they hold a theme very well and they are a good match in terms of quality. The castings are also of a really good standard with not too much flash.

So what shall become of all these minis?

Watch this space!

No comments: