Sunday 29 July 2007

Oh my..what a big pile of metal you have...


So I had said I wouldn't buy any more metal, but then I gave in (click to witness the doom enjoyed by my previous good intentions), so now I do have ..some more metal.


One of the rules for the Forum of Doom competition is the requirement to supply a picture of the uncleaned and unprepped miniatures to be used in the diorama, with some evidence that they were not all prettily painted and bunged together forty two years ago and kept in box, awaiting the day when a competition would match the contents. Hopefully this rule will prevent people entering miniatures they have been working steadily on since the earth was created.

I haven't had my Hasslefree order as yet (postal strikes, floods, act of the Gods, who knows), but thought I should make a start with some miniatures from Heresy and Black Scorpion. Some of these I ordered recently. Some have been waiting for an excuse to join the painting queue for a little while.

A more detailed look at the miniatures and links to the actual place one might shell cash out for them, will follow, as well as a few close ups ..some of these sculpts are well worth a closer look before I mess them up, er, wait, artistically enhance them, with my brush.

Before anyone wonders..no, I am not creating something the size of a house (a literal diorama of doom as the one tonne thing falls through the floor and heads towards Australia). All these probably won't get used for the comp, but I am working on the premise that one is better safe than sorry (later and in a similar vein I will be working on curiosity killed the cat, if she doesn't quit molesting my brushes).

So, for now, here's a photo of what is a REALLY big pile of metal, with date references on a particularly scruffily written piece of paper. Of course you cannot make out what some of the bags contain.
Ooh the mystery.
Ooooh the excitement.
Ah ..the lazy photographer.

Looking at the date note, I realise there is something to be said for computers and typing..at last people will be able to read my writing who have no formal qualifications in hieroglyphics.


Now that is progress.

No comments: