Sunday 29 July 2007

All the better to see you with...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Continuing a series of Red Riding Hood references...

I have been using a canon 530 Powershot camera for a while (and it is a worthy, compact, little shiny toy), I used it for my review of the Maurice Corry 120mm Korean War figure (See that review), but I have had a longing for a digital SLR.

However, they are very, very, very, expensive and so my wallet has been hiding under the bed, crying and clinging to the bedlegs lest I try and prize it out to pay for one.

So I had planned on acquiring a 'bridge camera', those that fall between standard digital cameras and a full blown SLR. But someone at work had a second hand EOS300D they are letting me have for less than the bridge camera. So I have taken the plunge. I won't get it until next week, but have been reading up on it and the macro lenses I would like for it. And using some old pound coins and a saucer of milk I have secured the wallet in order to fork out the cash.

I don't fool myself a decent camera makes a magically better photographer, any more than a series 7 brush makes a magically good painter, but good tools cannot hurt and, most importantly, its something new to be nerdy about.

Bonus!

Its not the newest EOS in the book and its not the full monty, but it will be a good start for me.

More information for those who love linkies cane be found on the Canon siteand more comments will be made about it when the little lovely arrives in chez Sprout.

While roaming around reading about things I cannot afford, I found this Digital Photography site, which offers great digital camera reviews, hints and tips and is highly recommended for anyone wanting a burst of photo nerdy goodness. Talking of site recommendations, I also found a blog a while ago while making a DIY £10 lightbox, all about lighting and taking great shots. Its called Strobist and I plan on following some of the lessons on it and recording my progress on this blog. There is something inspiring about playing with light. Its in a sense like painting miniatures..using a structure that already exists to give a leg up start to creating something of your own.

So..is that a zoom lens in your camera bag, or are you just pleased to see me?

No comments: