Monday 6 August 2007

So little hassle...so little time...

Another day, another not so witty pun, if there were licences for this I'd have mine revoked. How fortunate there is not.

I mentioned in my entry about my new Heresy miniatures, that my Hasslefree purchases had also arrived.

Of course before I could mess about with them, I needed to take photos of my 'evidence' for the diorama comp. So without further ado I present, CSI like, (play music while scrolling down and flash a light at your screen for the effect to work) said photos with minis and dates and all that jazz.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As you can see, I purchased some nice little models, two pirates and an aquatic troll. And naturally when I had finished doing so they immediately declared a sale. Drat. If I was in a store I would walk out and the next person would be the millionth customer and be showered with money and fluffy rabbits (ok perhaps not the rabbits). Anyway, its important to repeat the mantra 'Must resist the pull of minis on sale'..'must resist..must'. Ahem, so that's working. Really it is.

On the subject of the minis, they are very nice sculpts indeed and well worth the price. First the pirate, a very nice mini and only £3.30. Currently lacking his arms but very nicely done. A little smaller than the Black Scorpion miniatures, but placing them tactically should prevent any problems.

As an aside I was also pretty pleased with the way the picture came out, given this guy is c28mm high in real life and this was just a quick shot on a stock lens.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The troll and other pirate look very good as well and I was very impressed by the clean castings and lack of flash. There is almost no extra work beyond assembly to do. Quality! There is nothing worse than a casting that is all warped and flash covered. No fear of that here.

While I was at it, and at random, I took a couple more shots and have to say that even with a little bit of messing about, this camera really makes a difference. Witness random GW dwarf who was lurking innocently on my painting table. I notice I achieved a genuine CSI look by including a random hair in the shot. Time to talk to kitten about placement on painting table. Again.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also did all the prep work for the ship and cut all the parts out this evening. More evidence to follow! Now where was I with ..'Must resist the pull of minis on sale'..

4 comments:

JHS said...

28 mm guy is cool. Good photo. Where are at with decisions re size and complexity of pirate vessel - or have I missed that bit?

JHS said...

P.s. clearly your kitten training techniques need some revision!

Captain Sprout said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Captain Sprout said...

Stupidly I posted the wrong url!

Kitten discipline does indeed need some work!

Ship wise I went with the Foundry plans, see

http://captainsprout.blogspot.com/2007/08/its-ship-jim-but-not-as-we-know-it.html